Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Not Necessarily To Be Taken Literally

"Not Necessarily To Be Taken Literally". This was the name of my latest photography assignment. And I sure had fun with it! My professor assigned me 22 things to take photos of ranging from my biggest fear to something I don't understand. The best part of this crazy list was, you guessed it, they didn't need to be taken literally. This allowed me to stretch my imagination and really push the boundaries of my own creativity.

Bellow are just a few of my favorites that I took for this project. Enjoy!

"Your best friend"
There's something about these games that has really stuck with my throughout my life. They are something solid I can always turn to and rely on. Although they are not literally a friend of mine, I think are pretty dang close for being inanimate objects. I know that I can turn to this simple game when I'm feeling down and it will brighten my mood. In some ways Pokemon is as real to me as you or I.


"A fleeting moment"
I can't think of anything more fleeting than the last few moments of a leaf's life in the fall season. As a side note, the sky in this photo isn't edited. We had some amazing coloration in the sky that afternoon and I just had to capture it. (Nature is freakin' cool!)


"Something timeless"
 Classic books. The value and culture locked within the pages of these masterpieces will forever remain a wonder and pleasure to read. Reading is one of my favorites hobbies and reading a classic piece is always a thrill.


"Your favorite place"
My favorite place has to be the outdoors. There is so much peace and tranquility you can find stepping out into nature. The fresh air is such a relief in contrast with my stuffy dorm room.


"Somewhere you've never been"
This photo was actually taken at an arts festival. The gondola represents Venice of course, someplace I've never been. I would actually love to see Europe. It's one of my dreams for the future.  



In no way an I a professional photographer but I feel like with each new assignment I am gaining a little bit more skill. I already feel like I have a good grasp on composition and lighting. I want to keep pushing myself to get better at this. Next semester (my last semester of college) I will be taking a photo editing class. Hopefully this will help with the quality of my photos. Who knows, maybe I can even find a career in it if I'm lucky!



No comments:

Post a Comment